The Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 wireless weather station is one of the most reliable and versatile models out there. While it is easy to install, it is also highly accurate. Backed by the reputable Davis Instruments name, this unit comes with a superior quality integrated sensor suit that keeps track of temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind speed and wind direction. Furthermore, the console can be connected to the internet wirelessly or via a cable. This makes the Vantage Pro2 one of the most popular stations among weather hobbyists today. Below, we are going to learn more about this remarkable unit.
The Vantage Pro2 Wireless weather station comes with a console, mounting hardware, and an integrated sensor package that combines many different sensors into one device. The station also has several different features, all of which we will learn more about below.
Integrated sensor suit
This weather station comes standard with a wireless solar-powered sensor array. The entire unit consists of a temperature sensor, humidity sensor, rain gauge, and anemometer with a 12-meter long cable and solar panel. The designers of this unit have placed the temperature and humidity sensor inside of a standard radiation shield. This protects them from extreme heat and radiation exposure. Moreover, this unit has a maximum transmission range of 1000 feet, which is well above average. However, this range can be affected by building walls and other obstructions. This often brings down the transmission range to around 200 to 400 feet. To boost transmission range a wireless repeater can be added, giving you a range of around 2.7 kilometers.
The console that comes with the Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 wireless weather station is large, with the LCD screen being 6 inches by 3.5-inches. It also has an easy to use keypad that most everyone will enjoy. Furthermore, it has a cabled and wireless option for greater ease of use. This gives users more flexibility.
This stylish console displays the date, time, sunset, sunrise, and moon phases. Various other important weather data is also displayed including temperature, humidity, barometric readings, rainfall, wind speed, and wind direction. Other specialized weather conditions can also be tracked on the console, including UV radiation, soil moisture, leaf wetness, and much more.
On the screen, you will find easy to read weather icons that forecast sunny conditions, cloudy conditions, rain, and snow. You can also view weather data in graphical form, which some people prefer. All of this weather data is updated every hour on the hour. When new data is available it is transmitted in just 2.5 seconds. This will provide you with the most current data all the time.
The console also provides you with a set of alarms that can be set to alert you of certain weather conditions. These alarms will help you prepare for hazardous weather conditions and natural disasters.
In addition to weather alarms, this unit comes with the optional weatherLink data logger and software, which allows you to compare weather data and come up with accurate data analysis.
You can power the console in two different ways. First, it can be powered by plugging the adapter into a wall outlet. Second, it can be powered by installing 3 C batteries into the back of the unit.
When it comes to durability you can rest assured knowing this weather station can stand up to the elements. Designed to last, this model is made of only the most rugged materials. This station is so strong it was used to record a wind gust of 199 MPH, which was produced by Hurricane Irma back in the year 2017. That was very impressive, to say the least!
- The Vantage Pro2 weather station is the first model in its class to utilize frequency-hopping spread spectrum technology for transmitting data wirelessly.
- This station’s ability to monitor soil moisture and leaf wetness can be highly beneficial to farmers and gardeners alike.
- The wireless humidity sensor and temperature sensor allows users to view both humidity levels and temperature, in up to eight different locations. This is very helpful for comparing and analyzing multiple areas at once.
- This weather station is easy-to-install because all of the sensors come neatly packed into one single outdoor unit.
- Due to the sensor suit being solar-powered, it is not recommended for areas that see a lot of rainfall or cloudy days. While the unit does have a storage battery, it will not work at all if the power has been completely drained.
- Signals used for transmitting hazardous weather conditions may become lost in the system’s wireless transmission.
- Soil moisture might not be consistent throughout large areas, which can cause inaccurate readings.
- This weather station, due to its high quality and unique features, may not be in the price range of some shoppers.
The Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 wireless weather station is ideal for serious weather buffs or farmers/gardeners. With its high-quality design and unique features, you really can’t go wrong with this model. It is the perfect choice for anyone who needs to keep a close eye on the weather.