When you are purchasing a weather station, you must know that these instruments come with warranty periods to assure that your investment on the particular device is safe. Not all the weather station manufacturers offer the warranty. Some brands provide more extended periods whereas some very less. So it’s essential for you to make sure that the device you purchase comes with a considerable warranty time. Going through the warranties individually could be time-consuming, so to help you out, here is a list of some of the top weather station manufacturing brands along with the warranty policies offered by each.
Ambient, LLC offers a 1-year limited warranty on its weather stations against any manufacturing defect in materials and workmanship. This limited warranty starts on the original date of purchase. It’s valid only on the tools purchased and only to the original purchaser of the weather station. If any problem is encountered by the device, the customer is recommended to contact Ambient, LLC for determining the problem and to avail of the services covered under warranty.
The warranty covers only the actual defects within the device. Installation, adjustments or removal of the system from a fixed facility, services will be charged to the customer. The service can only be performed by an Ambient, LLC. When asked, the original dated bill of the purchase must be shown as proof.
The warranty is not liable for some instances;
- Damage caused by accidents, carelessness or inappropriate use or lack of maintenance.
- Damage due to not following the instructions contained in the owner’s manual.
- Defects caused by the performance of repairs or modifications by someone who is not from an authorized Ambient, LLC service center.
- The inability of the weather station to receive signals due to metal obstructions or any interference.
- Failure due to extreme acts of nature; for example, lightning strikes or floods.
Ambient also offers a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. In case there are defects or the buyer isn’t satisfied with the device, the tool can be returned, and refund or replacement can be initiated. The company takes charge of both side shipping charges if the unit is returned within 30 days following the delivery date.
AcuRite warrants that all its weather stations are made of suitable materials and workmanship. Their weather stations will be free from defects if they are installed and operated correctly.
AcuRite provides 1 or 10 year warranty period to assure that your investment is safe. The warranty begins from the date of original purchase by the end customer till the duration of warranty completes. Within this period, if any defect is encountered by the unit despite reasonable and appropriate use, AcuRite will take charge of determining, proving and repairing the errors caused by the system. The transportation cost and other services are to be covered by the purchaser. The warranty period offered by AcuRite depends on the type and model of the unit.
If the repair or replacement of the part in the unit is not possible, at their option, in some cases, AcuRite may return the amount of the original purchase.
The warranty is not liable to the following cases;
- If there is normal wear and tear on the unit, not affecting its functionality.
- If the damage is caused by improper use, mishandling or improper installation.
- Damage caused due to repairing and altering done by a person not authorized by AcuRite.
AcuRite again offers a 90-day satisfaction guarantee and return policy in any dissatisfaction. The amount of purchase will be fully refunded if the buyer seeks to return the device within 90 days after the delivery.
Davis Instruments is confident about the quality and manufacturing of all their products. They provide a 1-year warranty for all its products and assure that all its units are free from damages in materials as well as workmanship for the particular period, which begins from the date of original purchase by the end purchaser. If in this time their various weather devices encounter any defect in its functionality then the buyer can return the device for service and repair. The purchaser is in charge of the transportation charges and required to send along the purchase bill as prove along with a note about the trouble. The product is either repaired or replaced depending on the severity of the damage.
Like the policies of other brands, Davis Instruments’ limited warranty does not cover damages caused due to improper use or installation, lightning, negligence, and unauthorized service.
La Crosse Technology
La Crosse Technology provides a 1-year limited warranty on all its weather stations against defects in materials and quality. The warranty starts on the original date of purchase, and it’s valid only to the end purchaser belonging to North America. To avail of the warranty service, the buyer must contact La Crosse Technology, Ltd to determine the defects and repair. The service can be conducted only by an authorize La Crosse Technology service center. If any fault or error is caused by the system within the one year period, the unit must be returned to the company within 90 days. The shipping charges will have to be covered by the purchaser except for those who belong to the USA.
The limited warranty of La Crosse Technology is not applicable in the following cases;
- Damage caused by accidents, mishandling or lack of necessary maintenance.
- Damage during shipment; purchaser has to make claims against the carrier.
- Normal wears or tears, not affecting the functionality of the unit.
- The failure caused due to not being able to follow the instructions of the user manual.
- The damage was done while repairing and alterations conducted by someone who is not authorized by La Crosse Technology.
- Unit not able to get signals due to any obstruction or interference.
The company covers the charge of only the products and repair. Service rates of fixing, removal or installation of the unit should be paid by the customer.
Kestrel Meters is famous for its pocket weather meters. All its weather meters are manufactured in the USA, and Kestrel Meters provide a 5- year warranty to all its weather meters. It warrants that the products will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for five years. If in case any damage occurs in the unit within the warranty period, the purchaser can return the device for repair or replacement. This warranty starts from the date of original purchase. No shipping cost will be charged to the customer if the device is shipped via domestic ground.
The warranty won’t be valid in these cases;
- Damage caused due to mishandling or negligence.
- Modified or repaired by an unauthorized person.
- Impeller failure is not caused due to manufacturing faults.
- Battery failure or normal wear and tear from use.
- Unit not recalibrated within 30 days post-purchase.
Oregon Scientific offers a 1-year limited guarantee to some of its weather stations that come along with a guarantee card. It’s not necessary that all its products have been guaranteed. If during that one year period the product proves to have any defect in material or workmanship, the purchaser has the right to claim for repair or replacement of the defected product.
However, in some cases, the guarantee is not valid. Here are some of the exceptions to the coverage of guarantee;
- Damage caused due to adjustment or adaptation made to the unit without the knowledge or written consent from Oregon Scientific.
- Damage due to improper use or maintenance.
- Failure of consumable units like batteries and cosmetic damage.
- Fault due to improper installation of software and other equipment.
- Damage caused by attaching accessories that are not manufactured by Oregon scientific.
Oregon Scientific also serves 30-day money back guarantee in case of any dissatisfaction. The buyer is supposed to return the unit within 30 days following the date of delivery of the unit.
Almost all the top brands have a similar type of warranty policies but with slight differences. You must go for the name that you feel is the best. There are many more weather station manufacturers that offer certain warranties. You can do a couple of research yourself. When you are purchasing a weather station, the warranty is a must consider aspect as it’s not only essential to buy a functional unit, but your investment in the unit should also be taken care.