Weather is a crucial aspect that we all must consider when we plan to go for a vacation. Severe weather can ruin the fun. It’s essential to select a perfect time and weather for a vacation to a particular destination if you want to make the most out of it. Choosing the right weather can be very difficult for many, and if you are planning for multiple destinations, it could be much time to consume to research about each place individually. To make it easier for you I have made a list of some of the famous tourist destinations, along with the best weather and time of the year for a perfect vacation.
Europe has around 45 countries with a wide range of climates. Each region has different climatic variations, but they also share some common climatic trends. During December through March, Northern European territories including the UK, Finland, Sweden, the Netherlands, Norway, Denmark, and Finland is quite cold with sufficient snowfall. Southern countries such as Italy, Spain, southern France, Greece, and Portugal have sunny days almost the whole year, with rainfall during winter. Southern areas are the hottest during summer. Spring and fall are mild, while Northern European parts face lots of rains and freezing temperature.
The best time to visit Europe is May, June, and September when the prices are lower, and the crowd is less. Also, the weather is quite soothing in these months. However, July and August are the most popular months. Europe is a magical continent with overwhelming tourist destinations. If you are planning a trip to Europe, you are going to be quite amazed at its view. Here are some of the most popular destinations in Europe;
- Paris: Paris is the capital city of France and a major city in Europe. It’s a global center for Fashion, art, culture, and gastronomy. Paris is one of the most populated tourist destinations in the world. Some of the most popular tourist spots in Paris are Eiffel Tower, Disneyland, The Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Sainte-Chapelle, and Cafes. The best time to visit Paris is July and August. At this time, the days have long the sunshine, and the weather is just perfect with average highs and lows between the 70s.
- London: London is a beautiful city located on the Thames River. It’s the capital city of England and has many mesmerizing and historic tourist locations. You’ll find the clock tower, British monarch coronation sites and the parliament housings at the heart of the city. The eye observation wheel across the Thames provides panoramic views. Spring season is the best time to tour London, which falls during March to May. The temperature during spring is pleasant, and you can see greenery and blooms all over the city. However, autumn is also a good time.
- Rome: Rome is a cosmopolitan city and the capital of Italy. It’s known for its historic sites, museums, and outdoor cafes. The ideal months to visit Rome are from June through August. It’s the summertime in Rome, and the temperature is mild, ranging from 81°F to 88° F. At this time the chances of rain is quite low. Most travelers choose these months so that they can enjoy site seeing and eating at outdoor cafes.
- Barcelona: Barcelona is Spain’s cosmopolitan capital of Catalonia Region. It has quirky architecture and art, vibrant street life and food. The short spring between May and June is the ideal tour time. During this period, the weather is pleasant and accompanied by various festivals and carnivalesque.
- Prague: Prague, which is also known as the city of hundred spires is the capital city of Czech Republic. Old town square, Prague astronomical clock, and Charles Bridge are some of the most iconic tourist spots in Prague. Spring is beautiful in Prague, so the best time for vacation is from March to May. The city could be very crowded at this time so bookings should be made at least two weeks advanced.
The weather varies widely across the USA. During summer, the southwest is very hot and dry. In plains and southern states, the weather is hot and humid, with endless summer in Southern Florida and California trademarks. Pacific Northwest and New England states have warm summers with chilly mornings and quite pleasant evenings.
Winters are mild in the Southern region, and the northeast, north, plain states, and in the western mountains, the winters are very cold with heavy snowfall and sub-freezing temperatures. The best time to tour the USA is spring and fall, so May to September will offer the best and clear insight of the beauty of USA. Given below are some of the most popular destinations of USA;
- New York City: New York City is a globally influential center of Fashion, art, and culture. It has many iconic tourist attractions, like the Time Square, Statue of liberty, the Empire state building and much more. The perfect time to visit New York City is anytime. The weather of New York is pleasant throughout the year and each season has its reasons for tourist attraction.
- San Francisco: San Francisco is a beautiful city located in the northern California. It’s famous for its year-round fog, hilly landscape and tourist attractions such as the colorful Victorian houses, golden gate bridge, cable cars and the Transamerica Pyramid. The ideal season to take a trip to San Francisco is autumn when the weather is quite warm, and the crowd is less. It falls from September to November.
- Las Vegas: Las Vegas is a resort town that is widely identified for its 24-hours casinos, buzzing energy and infinite entertainment choices. It has numerous luxurious casinos and resorts. From March to May and September to November are the best months to visit Las Vegas. Spring and fall are considered perfect as the weather during these two seasons are warm enough and not too hot to cause overheating while walking around.
- Los Angeles: Los Angeles is located in southern California and identified as the nation’s television and film industry, with the iconic sign Hollywood. This city is also well known for Disneyland, which is an eight themed amusement park. The best months to visit Los Angeles are from March to May or September to November when the crowd is less, and the air is excellent. During this time the temperature ranges between the mid-60s and 70s.
- Orlando: Orlando is a city in Central Florida. It’s a home to dozens of themed amusement parks. One of the most popular parks is the Walt Disney World. It’s a perfect vacationing destination for families with children. The best time to travel to Orlando is between January and April when the weather is quite pleasant. However, summer is the worst time for visiting Orlando.
Most of the Africa is in the tropics, so it never freezes except the Great Rift Valley. Africa is after all the hottest Continent in the world. In Africa, autumn starts from March to May; spring season runs from September through November. The best months to take a trip to Africa are March, April, September or October when the weather is not too hot. Here are some of the top travel destinations in Africa;
- Morocco: Morocco is a North African Country and well known for its mixed Berber, European and Arabian culture. Some of its famous tourist attractions are Marrakesh’s walled medina, Mauresque buildings of Casablanca, Music and contemporary art galleries of Queda, Ouarzazate’s deserts and film studios, and much more. Spring is the best season as the country looks most beautiful from mid march to may, with the green and lush landscape. Autumn, which runs from September to October, is also lovely as the temperature is pleasant during this season.
- Kenya: Kenya is located in East Africa. It’s surrounded by Lakelands, the Great Rift Valley and Savanna, and abundant with the full range of wild animals. Kenya is best for wildlife safaris like the wildebeest migration where you can watch the movement of numerous wild animals. The ideal time to visit Kenya is the dry season that runs from late June to October. During this period the days are sunny with clear skies, and it’s unlikely to rain. Also, there are fewer mosquitos.
- Tanzania: Tanzania is another East African country, famed for its vast wilderness, which includes home to Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro National Park, Serengeti National park and Safari Mecca that is populated by an elephant, rhino, buffalo, lion, and leopard. It also has the Mafia Marine Park. Dry season, which falls between June and October, is again the best season to make a trip to Tanzania.
- Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe lies in southern Africa, famous for its diverse wildlife, parks, and safaris. The Victoria Falls on Zambezi River is a favorite spot for white-water rafting and bungee jumping. Dry winter season, from May to October, with mild temperatures, no rain, and least malaria risk is the best period to visit Zimbabwe. However, September and October are extremely hot and dry.On the other hand, if you wish to watch the best view, the best time to travel to Victoria Falls is April and May, after the end of summer rainfall, when the river is flood-full. But if you are onto rafting then low water season from August to December is the ideal time.
- South Africa: South Africa lies at the southernmost tip of the Continent. It’s home to the Kruger National park, a famous inland destination safari, forests, wild beaches, lagoons and Cape of good hope’s craggy cliffs. For safari, the best time is the dry winters that run from May to October. However, if you wish to enjoy the beach, then hot summer between November and March is perfect.
East Asia has a temperate climate. During summer it’s warm throughout the year and cold during winter. Rainfall occurs during summer. The best period to visit East Asia is between April and October. Some of the popular destinations in East Asia are;
- Beijing: Beijing is the massive capital of China. It has a history of 3 millennia and still famous for modern architecture for its favorite tourist spots such as the Imperial Palace and the Forbidden City complex. Beijing is also a perfect place to visit some sections of the Great Wall of China. The most favorable weather in Beijing is during April, May, September, and October.
- Hong Kong: Hong Kong is a vibrant and populated city, located in the southern China. It’s famed for its high towered skyline and lively food markets. Hong Kong also has numerous historical monuments and amusement parks. The best time to take a Hong Kong tour is from October to early December. During this period, the weather is cold, sunny and pleasant at the same time.
- Tokyo: Tokyo is the buzzing capital of Japan. From streets filled with cherry blossoms, anime shops, neon-lit skyscrapers to beautiful temples, everything will mesmerize you. Tokyo is also famous for its vibrant food view. Autumn is the best season to visit Tokyo. From September to November, the streets are colorful, and even the temperature is pretty much comfortable.
- Seoul: Seoul is a metropolis of South Korea, with high-tech subways, super-modern skyscrapers, Buddhist temples and palaces with mixed pop culture. Some popular attractions are the convention hall, Dongdaemun Design Plaza, Gyeongbokgung Palace and Rooftop Park. From March to May and from September to November is the ideal time to visit Seoul. During this time, the weather is mild, and the crowd is less.
As Southeast Asia lies near the tropics, generally its weather is hot and humid, with the average temperature of 80°F throughout the year. The warmest months are between March and June, with temperatures as high as 97°F. Monsoon starts from June to October. Overall, the perfect time to visit Southeast Asia is from November to February, when the weather is cold and dry. Some of the best destinations in Southeast Asia are given below;
- Bangkok: Bangkok is the Capital City of Thailand, known for its lively street life and ornate shrines. October to March is the best time to visit Bangkok when the weather is not too hot or humid. However, the temperatures can rise to 90°F.
- Singapore: Singapore is a beautiful Island-city state located near southern Malaysia. Three most popular tourist spots in Singapore are Chinatown, Arab Street, and Little India. Singapore is also famous for its hawker centers that serve vibrant foods and organize various street fairs. You can visit Singapore anytime of the year as the climate is almost the same year-round, with the average temperature between the 80s. If you wish to avoid the massive crowd and high prices, then it’s best to avoid the Chinese New Year.
- Malaysia: Malaysia is quite a popular holiday destination, known for its rainforests, beaches, and the mix of Malay, Indian, European and Chinese influences. Malaysia’s capital Kuala Lumpur is home to skyscrapers, bustling shopping districts, and colonial buildings. The best period to visit Malaysia is from March to early October when there are very little rainfall and less humidity.
The typical weather in southern Asia can be divided into summer, monsoon, and winter. The best time to visit the Southern parts of Asia is from October to February when the weather is dry and cold. Here are some of the top tourist destinations in Southern Asia;
- India: India has the maximum diversity. It’s full of culture and history. From Himalayan peaks to soothing coastlines, India has its wonders. It’s the home to the magnificent monument of love, The Taj Mahal, which is also one of the most famed wonders in the world. There are numerous tourist attractions in almost all its states. The best time to visit India is from October to February, when the weather is pleasant and refreshing, with very little rainfall.
- Katmandu: Katmandu is the capital of Nepal and the country’s largest municipality. Beautiful temples, Monastery, national park, and museums, it has got a lot to see. Autumn season, which falls between September and November, is the ideal time to travel to Katmandu. The weather is most pleasant at this time.
- Bhutan: Bhutan is a sovereign state in Bhutan, also known as the Buddhist kingdom is famous for its monasteries, fortresses, and dramatic landscapes. Best tourist time for Bhutan is between October and December when the air is fresh, and the skies are sunny and bright.
Bounded by India, Africa, Antarctica and Australia, the Indian Ocean has its islands that have clear beaches, turquoise water, and fabulous scenery. Given below are the most popular tourist destinations located in the Indian Ocean;
- Maldives: Maldives is often regarded as the paradise on Earth. Romance, water sports, leisure or utter bliss, it can offer you an impeccable experience. Considering the weather, the best time to visit Maldives is from December to April. During this period there won’t be any rain showers; hence it’s an ideal tourist time.
- Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka has the rich history and fantastic cultural heritage complementing the beautiful and breathtaking island scene. It’s an ideal destination for adventurers and for those wanting to explore the distinctive culture. The Best season is the dry season, to visit Sri Lanka. However, in the North and East Coast, dry season starts from May to September, and in Kandy and the Hill Country, it’s between December and March.
- Mauritius: Surrounded by the third largest coral reef in the world, Mauritius has a stunning beauty that is capable of luring even the most pretentious tourists. Mauritius has a tropical climate, with warm weather throughout the year. The weather is cold, dry and sunny from May to December, and so it’s the best period for a tour.
- Madagascar: Madagascar is the world’s fourth-largest island. It has outstanding nature reserves. Madagascar is sundry, magical and colorful, with something for everyone. July and August are the best months to visit Madagascar. In these months it’s winter, and the weather is cold.
The weather varies widely depending on the region. Going for a tour is a costly affair, so perfect planning is crucial. It will be a waste of money and time if you are not able to enjoy your vacation to the fullest. So I recommend you to select the best weather and time if you are planning a tour.