This weather station is a wireless unit that provides a very reliable and accurate weather monitoring. It is an easy to install unit with great durability and accuracy. The 6250 Vantage Vue Davis instruments weather station includes a unique LCD console, a very tough outdoor sensor array and a hardware mounting kit. This self-contained wireless station measures the present weather condition, which includes temperature, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, dew point, rainfall and barometric pressure. The specialized integrated sensor suit of this wireless weather station gives more accurate reports.
The 6250 Vantage Vue has many features. The console and the integrated sensor suit array provide various reports of the different weather variables;
Integrated sensor suit
The integrated sensor suit of this weather station is wireless and senses the different weather conditions and transmits the data to the console. The ISS unit of this weather station has the following features;
- This wireless unit has a technology of frequency-hopping spread spectrum that provides maximum transmission of 1000 ft.
- Solar panel runs the station during the day and for other times, when sun is not around, the weather station runs on the stored solar energy.
- The sensors have radiation shield that prevents unnecessary heat and helps in providing more accurate report. The temperature sensor provides readings from -40° to 65°C and relative humidity reading from 0 to 100%.
- Rain gauge of this weather station unit has a tipping bucket technology with self-emptying capability and resolution of 0.2 mm.
- Anemometer is vantage Vue, which measures wind speed as low as 3 kilometers per hour and as high as 290 kilometers per hour. The wind direction is measured in degree or on compass points.
The LCD console of this unit is easy-to-read with dimension 3 inches by 4.375 inches that has a glow-in-dark feature and a user-friendly keypad. It has the following features;
- Forecast icons that display the expected weather condition like sunny, cloudy, rainy or snowy.
- Date and time of the current day along with the sunrise and sunset time is displayed on the screen of the LCD console.
- Temperature, humidity and barometric pressure are monitored and displayed routinely. The console updates the outdoor temperature in every 10 minutes and indoor temperature is updated in every minute. The console updates the outdoor humidity in every 50 seconds and indoor humidity in every minute. The console displays the raise, fall and the stability of the barometric pressure.
- Rain total and rate is updated in every 20 seconds and the console records the data of last 25 hours to many months and is displayed when searched.
- Wind speed is updated in every 2.5 seconds providing the average in two minutes to 10 minutes interval. The wind speed is displayed in miles per hour, kilometers per hour and meters per second.
- Moon phase is also displayed on the screen that includes all the eight moon phases, starting from new moon to full moon.
- Other weather variables like heat index and wind chill can also be viewed, which is updated in every 10 seconds.
- Graphs for different weather variables like rain, temperature and barometric pressure of maximum 25 months can be analyzed and compared.
- Alarms of 22 different tones can be set on the console in order to get warning alerts for various weather calamities like storms, heavy rain, floods, extreme freezing temperatures and many more.
The 6250 Vantage Vue wireless weather station is designed as radio-compatible, which makes it different and unique from any other wireless weather stations available. It has a weather proof cover that makes the unit resistant to corrosion. This unit has been processed through many cyclic corrosion tests and survived all of those, which makes this weather station compatible even in the most extreme weather conditions and have much longer durability. One would not have to waste extra bucks on electricity bill, as this weather station is solar powered and it is totally dependent on solar energy.
Like any other technical unit, the 6250 Vantage Vue wireless weather station also has few draw backs such as, the buckets in the rain gauge might lose some rain water in the tipping process and the rain data might not be that accurate. Many a times due to the wireless technology, the unit might miss few signals. Some user might also find the mounting a little difficult. As the whole unit runs on solar energy, if the weather is not sunny and the storage is used up, this weather station would not work. So, if the area is likely to be mostly cloudy or rainy, this weather station is not recommended. The cost of this weather station might sometimes not match with the buyer’s estimated budget.
The 6250 Vantage Vue weather station is one of the most accurate and reliable weather stations. It is an ideal choice if one wants to have the accurate weather forecast and data. This weather station might be expensive, but the various features and the unique technologies worth the cost.