This wireless weather station unit provides a very reliable and accurate weather monitoring. Installing the unit with great durability and accuracy is simple. The 6250 Vantage Vue Davis instruments include a single LCD console, a very tough outdoor sensor array, and a hardware mounting kit to make a typical weather station. This wireless station measures the present weather condition that includes temperature, humidity, dew point, wind direction, wind speed, rainfall and barometric pressure. And with specialized integrated sensor suit, it gives more reliable reports.
The 6250 Vantage Vue have satisfying features. The console and integrated sensor suit array provide multiple reports of weather variables;
Integrated sensor suit
Because its built-in sensor suit is wireless, it senses the different weather conditions and transmits the data to the console. Here are the features of the ISS unit of this weather station;
- The frequency-hopping spread spectrum of this wireless unit provides maximum transmission of 1000 feet.
- The solar panel runs the station during daytime while the stored solar energy runs it when the sun is not around.
- The sensors radiation shield prevents additional heat and helps in providing a more accurate report. The temperature sensor provides readings from -40° to 65°C and relative humidity reading from 0 to 100%.
- Rain gauge of this weather station unit has a tipping bucket technology with self-emptying capability and resolution of 0.2 mm.
- Anemometer is vantage Vue, which measures wind speed as low as 3 kilometers per hour and as high as 290 kilometers per hour. The wind direction is measured in degree or on compass points.
The LCD console of this unit is easy-to-read with dimension 3 inches by 4.375 inches that has a glow-in-dark feature and a user-friendly keypad. It offers the following features;
- Forecast icons display weather condition like sunny, cloudy, rainy or snowy.
- The LCD console screen displays date and time of the current day along with the sunrise and sunset time.
- Temperature, humidity and barometric pressure are monitored and displayed routinely. The console updates the outdoor temperature in every 10 minutes, and the indoor temperature updates every moment. The console updates the outdoor humidity in every 50 seconds and indoor moisture in every minute. The console displays the rise, fall and the stability of the barometric pressure.
- Rain total and rate is updated in every 20 seconds, and the console records the data of last 25 hours to many months and is displayed when searched.
- Wind speed is updated in every 2.5 seconds providing the average in two minutes to 10 minutes interval. The wind speed is displayed in miles per hour, kilometers per hour and meters per second.
- Moon phase is also displayed on the screen that includes all the eight moon phases, starting from new moon to full moon.
- Other weather variables like heat index and wind chill can also be viewed, which is updated in every 10 seconds.
- Graphs for different weather variables like rain, temperature and a barometric pressure of maximum 25 months can be analyzed and compared.
- Alarms of 22 different tones can be set on the console to get warning alerts for various weather calamities like storms, heavy rain, floods, extreme freezing temperatures and much more.
The 6250 Vantage Vue wireless weather station is designed as radio-compatible, which makes it different and unique from any other broadcast weather stations available. The weatherproof cover makes the unit resists corrosion. This unit has been processed through many cyclic corrosion tests and survived all of those, which makes this weather station compatible even in the most extreme weather conditions and have much longer durability. One would not have to waste extra bucks on the electricity bill, as this weather station is solar powered and it is dependent on solar energy.
Like any other technical unit, the 6250 Vantage Vue wireless weather station also has few drawbacks. The rain gauge buckets might lose some rainwater in the tipping process, and the rain data might not be that accurate. Many times due to the wireless technology, the unit might miss few signals. Some user might also find the mounting a little confusing. Since it runs on solar energy, this will not work if the weather is not sunny and the storage is used up. So, this unit is not ideal if most of the time you experience cloudy or rainy weather in your area. And sometimes, the price of this system might surpass the buyer’s estimates and budget.
The 6250 Vantage Vue weather station is one of the most precise and reliable weather stations. If one wants to have the right weather forecast and data, this is an ideal choice. It might be an expensive weather station, but the different features and the unique technologies worth the cost.