AcuRite is one of the best weather station selling companies. AcuRite Company is owned by the Chaney Instrument Co., which have been manufacturing time temperatures and various weather products since the year 1943. With a simple quote “It’s more than accurate, it’s AcuRite” the AcuRite is the number one weather products selling brand. AcuRite manufactures top most quality and precise weather stations. Very recently they have launched internet-connected weather stations that can be interfaced with computers or various Smartphone with a simple application or software.
Here are some of the key features of the weather stations produced by AcuRite, which make them totally unique and better than the weather stations manufactured by other brands.
Easy to use and install
The first and foremost key feature of the weather stations designed and manufactured by AcuRite is that these weather stations are extremely easy to use. With large and easy control buttons and very clearly visible console display, even an inexperienced person can use the AcuRite weather station. The AcuRite weather stations are designed and arranged in a manner that the weather station can be installed easily without consuming much time.
Understandable and comprehensive data
Unlike many weather stations, the AcuRite weather station provides very easily understandable and clear data. Even an entry level user can clearly understand the readings and data displayed on the display screen.
Accurate readings and forecast
The AcuRite weather stations are popular for their accurate data providing quality. The forecast and readings are always accurate with the AcuRite.
High quality with great durability
All the weather station equipment and units manufactured by the AcuRite are of precisely very high quality. AcuRite weather stations offer tremendously excellent durability with strong construction and weather proof design.
Weather stations from AcuRite are usually available at very affordable costs. One can enjoy all the amazing features and trends of a high quality weather station in a very less price, with the AcuRite weather station.
Types of AcuRite Weather Stations
AcuRite manufactures weather stations that usually fall in four categories according to the sensor and interface features. In this guide, we will briefly overview all the four basic categories and also some of the unique weather stations of AcuRite;
Basic AcuRite wireless weather stations
Basic AcuRite wireless weather stations are the simplest type of weather stations produced by AcuRite. All the basic weather stations contain a wireless weather sensor with built-in temperature sensor and humidity sensor in a small wireless housing that can be hung outdoors at the backyard. The wireless indoor display console that comes with most of the AcuRite weather stations consists of sensors that measure indoor temperature, humidity and barometric pressure, allowing the user to track the accurate temperature, humidity and pressure to generate the most accurate weather forecast of the future climatic conditions at the particular location. This type of weather station provides only two types of outdoor weather data transmission, offering the user limited weather data access as it cannot provide data for rainfall or wind conditions.
- Large or small screen, with colorful, grey or blue backlit, the consoles are available in various size, shape and color, offering a wide range of options depending on the selected model.
- 12 to 24 hour of endless weather forecast.
- Patented self calibration feature that pulls the data accurately from the outdoor sensor.
- Displays both indoor and outdoor temperature and humidity; time and date; barometric pressure with history data.
- Indicates the strength of data signal of the outdoor sensor.
- Tabletop or wall mounting options.
- Measures outdoor temperature and humidity.
- Maximum transmission range of up to 330 ft/ 100 meters.
- Data transmission in every 16 seconds.
- Extremely durable construction and it can stand any weather conditions.
- Can be installed in seconds by a simple integrated hanger.
3-in-1 AcuRite weather stations
The 3-in-1 AcuRite weather stations are simple and very common home weather stations. The 3-in-one weather station consists of three sensors; thermometer, hygrometer and anemometer in a single unit, with an easy-to-install design that transmits outdoor temperature, humidity and wind speed respectively. The console also consists of three indoor sensors, which measure indoor temperature, humidity and barometric pressure, allowing the user to generate the weather forecast of future weather conditions by tracking the different weather variables that includes humidity, temperature and barometric pressure. The 3-in-1 weather station is limited only up to temperature, humidity and wind speed; it doesn’t provide rainfall and wind direction data.
- The LCD display comes in many shapes, size and color with many different screen and backlit options of colorful, grey or blue, depending on the model type of the weather station.
- Displays weather forecast for 12 to 24 hours endlessly.
- With patented self calibration feature, the LCD display pulls the data accurately from the sensor unit and displays the accurate forecast or readings.
- Some advanced model weather stations come with even two consoles. Including indoor and outdoor temperature, humidity, barometric pressure and wind speed, the console also provides data for high and low, heat index, wind chill and due points.
- Along with calendar and low signal indication, some advanced models also display moon phase.
- Table top or wall mounting options.
- Measures three weather variables; temperature, humidity and wind speed.
- Maximum transmission range of up to 300 ft/100 meters.
- The season transmits data in every 18 seconds.
- Long durability with strong construction that can bear the harshest weather conditions.
- Comes with mounting hardware and very easy to install.
5-in-1 AcuRite weather stations
The 5-in-1 AcuRite weather stations are the most popular weather stations of the modern day. The 5-in-1 weather station consists of an easy to install sensor unit with five different sensors in a single unit, which includes thermometer, hygrometer, anemometer, wind vane and a self emptying rain gauge with tipping bucket technology. The indoor display console that comes along consists of indoor temperature and humidity sensors and a barometric pressure sensor, which helps in generating weather forecast of the future weather variables by tracking the temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, wind conditions and rainfall at the particular location. These AcuRite weather stations cannot be interfaced with PC as these are designed simple. For PC connect feature, one can go for the AcuRite PC connect weather stations.
- Console comes in different shapes, size and color depending on the model of the weather station, offering wide range of selectable options.
- Self calibration patented features allows the console to pull accurate data from the sensor unit and it displays forecast for 12 to 24 hours.
- Weather ticker streams real-time data and alerts.
- Displays various weather variables; temperature, humidity, rainfall, wind, heat index, dew point and storm alerts. Some advanced models offer alarm features for various weather alerts.
- Displays barometric pressure with history data and all high and low records.
- Shows date and time and also includes moon phases.
- Indicates the wireless signal strength
- Tabletop or wall mounting options.
- Measures five outdoor weather variables; humidity, temperature, rainfall, wind speed and wind direction.
- Maximum transmission range of up to 300 ft/ 100 meters and transmits data in every 18 to 36 seconds.
- Automatic self-emptying rain gauge with tipping bucket technology.
- Extreme durability with very strong construction that can bear any weather conditions.
- Easy-installation with mounting hardware.
PC connect AcuRite weather stations
PC connect technology is a new way to access the weather data. The AcuRite weather station with PC connect feature usually includes 5-in-1 weather sensor that includes thermometer, hygrometer, anemometer, wind vane and rain gauge. It also comes with a console that includes three sensors, which measure temperature, humidity and barometric pressure. The measurements are collected in the PC in a data file, which can be later streamed online by the user. The PC connect weather station can be operated in wide range of modes; it can be used as a simple weather station with no connection to the personal computer or it can be used in PC connect mode linked to various weather data websites. All the features of the PC connect weather station are same as that of the 5-in-1 weather stations, but with the additional PC connect feature.
The console that comes along with the weather station needs to be connected to the PC through an Ethernet cable and a weather sensor that should be positioned at the place from where the measurements are to be taken and monitored. Later the sensor wirelessly transmits the data to the console which is connected to the PC using a USB cable. The data can be accessed and used on a PC on three simple ways;
- The data can be downloaded in the PC and saved in a data file.
- The data can be viewed on the large PC screen as a weather widget.
- Last but not the least, the data can be logged and uploaded into the various weather websites.
The PC connect weather stations are much more expensive than the other AcuRite weather stations.
There are some special AcuRite weather station models that designed for specific purposes, like the sportsman’s and hunting & fishing meter with weather forecaster; AcuRite analog cherry wood weather station; AcuRite Weather Station with NOAA Weather Radio and Alarm Clock; all these weather stations fall in the basic wireless weather station category as those have simple two-sensor weather station unit.
AcuRite weather stations might have only four categories but they offer unlimited models, all of which are very unique and different from each other. One can select the weather station that best suits one’s requirements.